- How many loans have you planned for?
- What average loan size, and range of loan sizes do you expect?
- What type of commercial lending is right for your community?
- How will you reach prospective members?
- How many new members do you plan to gain?
- Do you have the skills in your organization to effectively underwrite business loans?
- And here’s the big one; what’s your appetite for risk?
Even with the best guidelines, it is important to remember that there is a person implementing the guidelines, and your success relies heavily on the underwriters. To experience growth, serve your membership and limit risks, underwriters need experience, discipline, curiosity, personality, and detail orientation. If growing your credit union in portfolio size and strength, gaining more members, and serving more of your community is important to you, then having thorough guidelines and great commercial underwriters are essential as well.
- Lower operation costs of a business lending department
- Increased expert commercial underwriting resources
- Identification of potential risks in your portfolio
- Customized Quality Control solutions to reduce loan loss reserves
As an expert in the commercial lending arena, Analytic Focus can help your credit union build and implement a custom strategy to pursue a profitable commercial lending channel. As a partner, we seek to optimize your credit union’s profitability and empower you to serve your credit union’s membership base.
[button size=’large’ style=’blue’ link=’/main-contact/san-antonio-hq/’ linktarget=’_self’ icon=”]Start Your Consultation Today[/button]