Working at Analytic Focus, LLC
Analytic Focus, LLC is dedicated to the recruitment and selection of highly capable and innovative employees because we realize that our employees are the heart of our success. We are committed to providing a work environment and leadership which unite employees and generate enthusiasm for the Company and we are committed to making everyone feel like they are truly part of a team.
When you work at Analytic Focus, you will be part of a highly motivated team and a friendly environment. You will contribute to complex and challenging projects and work with motivated peers, management and clients in a team environment. The challenges will be interesting and the opportunities diverse.
Analytic Focus, LLC offers its employees a very competitive benefits package to include:
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
Retirement Plan with Company Match
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off for Service Projects
COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITER LEVEL III
Location: Birmingham, AL or San Antonio, TX
The Commercial Underwriter Level III works as a member of the Financial Services Consulting staff to perform underwriting and quality control/loan review functions for assigned projects from various Analytic Focus LLC clients.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money within assigned markets under the direction of a Senior Underwriter or the Director of Financial Services Consulting.
- Generate financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate member’s financial status.
- Consult with financial institutions in underwriting credit facilities.
- Prepare credit memorandums that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money, and prepare credit memorandum and related documentation for submission back to clients.
- When possible, compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Expedite underwriting of loan transactions by interfacing with others as appropriate.
- Assist financial institutions with their quality control and loan audits at client request.
- Assist with various special projects as the need arises including taking some leadership responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Interacting with Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, enter data, or process information.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Prepare financial reports.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a directly related underwriting or credit analyst position.
- Five or more years’ experience in commercial real estate analysis/valuation strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical or scientific software — SAS
- Microsoft Office
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Mathematical Reasoning — The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Number Facility — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Communication – Expresses and receives, through word, body language and listening skills, all information needed for job performance.
- Fairness – Displays open-mindedness and objectivity in relations with others. Treats all persons justly acting without self-centeredness, prejudice and favoritism.
- Courtesy – Demonstrates friendliness, kindness and appropriate manners when interacting with fellow employees, supervisors, managers, and clients.
- Teamwork – Promotes a spirit of unity which enables the group to work together to achieve a common goal. Takes initiative to perform job and/or assist co-workers in order to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility – Displays open-mindedness and adaptability by adjusting to the scope of varied work. Receives in a positive manner suggestions for improvement and necessary changes in scheduling, procedures and assignments.
- Professionalism and Maturity – Exhibits behaviors, which demonstrate competence, reliability, self-control, integrity and honesty.
- PIIE – Passion. Integrity. Innovation. Excellence.
Computer, computer software programs and peripherals, resource materials and equipment, copier, fax, and other equipment applicable to the position.
Mental and Physical Demands
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with deadlines; Occasional walking, standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; Occasional: Lifting/carrying, pulling/pushing 10-25 pounds.
Occasional exposure to: biological hazards (communicable diseases, bacteria, insects, mold, fungi, etc.).
Analytic Focus, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Analytic Focus, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Analytic Focus, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Analytic Focus’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Employer will conduct Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, and Reference Checks.
Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama or San Antonio, Texas
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Minimum 5 years’ commercial real estate analysis/valuation
Benefit Offerings for Full-Time Employees
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package to our eligible, full-time employees. Below is a summary of our current benefits and company offerings.
Benefit offerings are reviewed regularly in an effort to harmonize all practices and programs. Modifications and/or changes to company benefits are subject to change at any time and will be promptly communicated to employees.
Full-time employees are benefits eligible the 1st of the month after 30 days.
Employer pays for 80% of Employee Premium/20% of Dependent Premium.
Employer pays for 60% of Employee Premium.
Employer pays for 60% of Employee Premium.
Employees are eligible the 1st of the month after 30 days. Voluntary supplemental coverage is available, such as additional voluntary life insurance at cost to the employee.
Long Term Disability
Employer pays 100% of premium.
Short Term Disability
Employer pays 25% premium.
$50,000 Term Life Insurance
100% paid for by the Employer.
100% paid for by the Employer.
Employees are eligible every January 1st.
Simple IRA with Employer match of up to 3%.
8 Paid Holidays per year (See employee handbook for details.)
Paid Time Off (Subject to a 90 day waiting period. See employee handbook for details.)
- Employees receive 18 days of PTO per year for the first 3 years.
- Employees receive 20 days of PTO per year for years 4 and 5.
- Employees receive 23 days of PTO per year for service of more than 5 years.
Employer will reimburse for pre-approved courses up to $5,250 per year. (See HR for details.)
Job Type: Full-time